Home / Faq
1. How often should I clean my CPAP equipment?
We recommend that you clean your tubing and mask everyday and clean your tubing and CPAP humidifier chamber once a week.
2. How long is the cleaning cycle of the PurePAP?
The PurePAP will run for about 30 minutes then it will have a 5 minute room air flush cycle to reduce the excess scent of ozone.
3. Does PurePAP require a prescription?
No, PurePAP is a non-prescription PAP sanitizing system.
4. What kinds of PAP equipment can I clean with PurePAP?
PurePAP works with all PAP Types (A-PAP, BI-PAP, CPAP), All Brands, even Both Heated or Unheated Tubing, with the adapter included.
5. Can PurePAP sanitize heated and non-heated tubing?
Yes. PurePAP will safely sanitize all CPAP tubing, heated and non-heated with one adapter included.
6. Why is there a “clean” scent on my mask after sanitizing?
The “clean” smell that is sometimes described as similar to the scent air after a heavy rain or thunderstorm. In-fact the scent in both cases is caused by ozone. Ozone occurs naturally after lightning storms, and is also the sanitizing agent we use. If you do not like the smell, just let the tube sit outside the bag for a while. Further, you can run your CPAP for a few minutes before you put it on to further reduce the scent.
7. What is ozone?
Ozone is the sanitizing agent “activated oxygen,” also known as trioxygen, due to the fact that it is comprised of three oxygen atoms.
8. Is ozone safe?
Yes. Once ozone, or “activated oxygen” comes in contact with the air it quickly dissipates. When it is concentrated and safely contained within the PurePAP bag, it works as a sanitizing agent to kill live bacteria and any living particles things.
9. Can a whole CPAP machine be cleaned with PurePAP?
We don’t recommend it. The only sections that need to be sanitized are your mask, tube, and water chamber. In-fact, many CPAP manufacturer warranties may be voided if the machine is subjected to ozone sanitation. PurePAP is unique in ozone sanitation in that it does not subject the machine to ozone.
10. Can PurePAP be used to clean the water chamber?
Yes. If the water chamber is removable and dried, it can be added to the travel bag for sanitizing.
11. Should everything be dry before starting the PurePAP?
Yes. For example, be sure to empty the water chamber before adding it to the bag. Some moisture is fine, but don’t add water inside the bag.
12. Can an HSA or FSA account be used?
Yes, you can use your HSA or FSA account. We are payable under 9274.
13. Is PurePAP covered by insurance?
At this time, PurePAP is not covered by insurance. However, you can use your HSA/FSA accounts under code 9274 for payment.
14. Does my mask need to be wiped with a cloth or CPAP wipe prior to use?
We strongly encourage you to wipe out your mask with a CPAP wipe, or damp cloth prior to placing it in the Sanitizing Travel Bag. Certain skin oils and cosmetics including creams and lotions can leave residue on your mask which can react to ozone. It is advisable to ensure your CPAP mask is free of any oils prior to using the PurePAP.
15. How long does the battery last, before having to recharge?
A single charge will typically provide 3+ cleanings.
16. Do I need to replace any parts or replace my batteries?
The PurePAP device uses an integrated Lithium Ion Battery, which enables the best price-performance ratio. Because the battery is integrated, it also makes PurePAP air travel compliant. The battery has a similar lifespan of those found in mobile devices, which are rated for hundreds of recharges. At 3+ cleanings per charge, there is no reason not to expect several years of use before replacement.
17. Does the PurePAP device use chemicals to clean?
No, your PurePAP device converts room air into activated oxygen (O3) by adding one little molecule of oxygen, an atom. There are no added chemicals, solvents or liquids used by your device to sanitize.
18. Will PurePAP extend the life of my cpap mask, hose and equipment?
No PurePAP is not intended to be used to extend life of CPAP equipment. PurePAP will keep your equipment clean, however silicone and other parts naturally lose their seal (with or without O3 cleaning) and we recommend replacement inline with your your manufacturers guidelines.
19. Can I travel with the PurePAP system?
Yes. PurePAP is portable and can be easily packed in a suitcase or carry-on bag for air travel.